Veterinarians and dog trainers around the world agree that a mentally healthy dog is a happy dog. If canines are not provided an outlet for their energy in the forms of physical activity and mental stimulation they tend to come up with their own types of "activities". You know what we mean - chewing on your favorite pair of shoes, incessant barking, general hyperactivity and sometimes aggression.
Sweden's own Nina Ottosson is revered as one of the top designers and developers of educational and interactive puzzle dog toys around. Her puzzle dog toys are guaranteed to bring hours of fun to your pet AND you! They not only stimulate your dog's mind but also bolster the bond between canine and human. Spending time playing together can make you and your pet even better best friends!
Nina Ottosson's Dog Casino wooden puzzle dog toy is rated at a difficulty level of 3. This game is great for "smart" dogs or dogs that need additional mental stimulation. Insert treats into the narrow passages. Your dog then must learn to move the wooden pegs along the tracks towards the outside of the puzzle with it paw or nose in order to dispense the treats. Everytime it succeeds its rewarded with a tasty surprise!
- Recommended by dog psychologists, veterinarians and dog trainers
- Rated at a difficulty level of 3; perfect for "smart" dogs or dogs that need additional mental stimulation
- Constructed from Swedish Karlit MDF board and Beech wood; 100% untreated and non-toxic
- Easily cleaned with a damp cloth; to make surface more durable, occasionally rub on a thin layer of cooking oil
- Puzzle dog toy stimulates your pet's brain and creates a useful and fun job for your furry friend
- The act of play strengthens the relationship between dog and owner
- Great toys to activate older dogs that are still mentally healthy but not able to get around as well
- Suitable for dogs of all ages and sizes
NOTE: Not a chew toy! Do not leave your dog unsupervised while playing this game!
See Nina Ottosson's Dog Turbo Puzzle Dog Toy in Action!
Nina Ottosson Puzzle Dog Toy - Tips and Tricks
- Wooden games are heavier than their plastic counterparts and are ideal to use with dogs that are rough and intense.
- Set the game on a chair or stool so that your dog can only work with its nose - gives an added level of difficulty as most dogs find it easier to work with their paws.
- Hide the game in a blanket or towel and give your furry friend a challenge before the game even starts!
- Tie a string to the puzzle dog toy and then hide underneath a bed, sofa or chair; very popular among dogs who love the games!
- Great activity to mentally stimulate dogs that are older, sick or not able to get around like they used to.
- Games are great for dogs that either refuse to eat or gulp their food. The interactive play makes them eat more than they would otherwise or slows them down so they can't inhale their food.
- Teach basic commands while playing; training becomes easier since your dog's brain is already active.
- It is recommended to play in 15 minute blocks of time as canine attention spans can be short.