Now you and your best canine pal can help save the Earth and look great doing it!
This fun and fashionable bamboo dog collar line is constructed of 100% organic, undyed bamboo webbing with a screen printed, 100% bamboo fiber ribbon hand sewn on top. We love bamboo because it's naturally organic, anti-bacterial, odor resistant, fast drying, and hypoallergenic. It's simply good for the Earth and great for your pet! Even better - these bamboo dog collars come in both the traditional buckle and martingale styles!
Each unique print tells a story about a different environmental cause that needs our attention. This bamboo dog collar design named "Eco Dog" urges us to help protect our wooded forests. Forest conservation is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to reduce global carbon emissions, protect wildlife and curb climate change.
- 100% organic bamboo fiber pet product line
- Bamboo dog collars are hand sewn in the USA with attention to strength, detail, and comfort for your pet
- Webbing has a 2000 pound breaking strength, which is comparable to standard nylon webbing and stronger than cotton
- Does not stretch
- Naturally organic, anti-bacterial, odor resistant, fast drying, and hypoallergenic
- Available in traditional buckle or martingale styles in three different sizes
- Wagging Green dedicates 5% of profits from the purchase of this bamboo dog collar to fund organizations working to conserve our forests
What is a Martingale collar?
A martingale dog collar is best for canines whose heads are smaller than their necks (think Greyhounds and Whippets) as these types of dogs can often slip out of traditional buckle collars. They should be fitted to your furry friend's neck when the collar is pulled closed and should be loose when not in use. When the martingale loop is pulled, the sides should come close together but never touch.
Bamboo Fast Facts
- It is classified as a grass, not a tree
- It is a very sustainable material as it can handle both drought and flooding
- The bamboo plant is very quick growing and does not require the use of pesticides and herbicides to thrive
- It can be replanted each year
- The plant actually adds nutrients to the soil, as opposed to cotton crop, which drains the soil of it's nutrients
- Bamboo fabric is light and strong, has excellent wicking properties, and is antibacterial
- Organic bamboo fabric is left unbleached so as to cut down on the use of harsh chemicals in the manufacturing process
- The fabric is highly absorbent and is able to absorb up to three times its weight in water
- The plant can grow 75 feet in 45 to 60 days
Small: Fits 10-15" neck (3/4" width)
Medium: Fits 14-19" neck (1" width)
Large: Fits 18-26" neck (1" width)